A decade of research into skin cancer led to a crucial breakthrough in antioxidants, the ingredients which form the basis of this high potential skin care line. The active, pure substances are concentrated in such a way that they optimally penetrate the skin.
This clinical skincare, praised by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and medi-spas, is suitable for daily home care to correct the signs of aging, protect the healthy skin, and prevent future damage.
The highest quality skincare products from SkinCeuticals have been developed to balance the skin (or keep it balanced). It improves the skin with scientifically proven products. The high-tech formulas contain ingredients of which the effectiveness has been scientifically proven. These formulas have been created based on the newest developments in aging research.
Therapeutic concentrations of vitamin A, antioxidants, alpha hydroxy acids(AHAs), adaptogens and peptides, as well as sun protection, guarantee an effective and real solution for any skin type and skin problem. Perhaps you expect an immediate result after starting to use these skin care lines. But patience is a virtue, and it is rewarded with a better skin after 1 to 2 months. This has everything to do with the normal skin cell cycle. This cycle, in which the skin fully renews itself, takes 3 to 4 weeks. Of course, you will see some improvement in the beginning, but the true skin improvement occurs after 1 to 2 skin cycles.
Antioxidants (beta- carotene, vitamins C and E) are able to neutralise free radicals, preserving a normal and healthy skin:
- Vitamin C is essential for the production of healthy collagen.
- Vitamin E is one of the most important antioxidants for the protection of the cell membrane.
- Pro-vitamin B5 is essential for a healthy skin, and it also soothes the skin.
- Alpha hydroxy acids in the Environ® Alpha Gamma quickly make the skin softer and smoother in a safe, skin-friendly, and efficient way. They support the natural exfoliation of the skin, which promotes the penetration of vitamin A and antioxidants.
Vitamin A (Retinol)
Vitamin A acts as a kind of ‘conductor of the skin.’ It stimulates the division of the skin, which rejuvenates the old skin layer and makes it look fresher and more radiant. With aging, skin cell division occurs at a slower rate, which results in a less fresh and vital skin. By using vitamin A, the skin ‘transforms,’ which causes old, dead skin cells to be removed and replaced by young, new cells. Skin cells which divide too quickly, such as with pigmentation, are put to rest by the transformation. The skin ‘balances out’ and signs of premature aging are corrected.
Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate and Retinyl Acetate) has been scientifically proven to thicken the skin:
- Stimulates the production of collagen (the more collagen, the less wrinkles)
- Improves the moisture balance, which makes the skin firmer and reduces wrinkles
- Restores the damaged cells