- Dry skin
Nearly half the population suffers from dry skin or very dry skin, yet only a quarter are actually aware that they have dry skin. Does your skin look cracked? Is it red and does it feel itchy? Chances are you are suffering from dry skin.
What’s a dry skin?
Dry skin is an uncomfortable condition of the skin marked by cracking, scaling and itching. The skin is our largest organ and its main task is to protect the body from external influences, such as pathogens, poisonous substances and sunlight. The barrier function of the skin is controlled by the stratum corneum. The stratum corneum is the outermost layer of the epidermis, consisting of dead cells. The stratum corneum functions to form a barrier to protect underlying tissue from infection, dehydration, chemicals and mechanical stress. When it is not working as it should, dry skin will appear.
The cause of dry skin
There is no single cause of dry skin. Dry skin causes can be external and internal. External factors are the most common cause. External factors that cause dry skin include:
- Winter weather. Especially in the winter there is a chance that the skin will dry out. This is caused by dry air and indoor heating.
- Long hot showers and baths
- Not using body lotion
- Skin diseases, for example Eczema
- Being dehydrated
- Not eating the right foods
Symptoms of dry skin
- Looking cracked
- Fine lines or cracked
- Gray, ashy skin
How to get rid of dry skin?
Dry skin is usually caused by environmental conditions, genetics or excessive bathing. If you suffer from dry skin, you need to hydrate your skin and prevent it from drying out again. A dry skin requires daily skin care so that the barrier function improves and the moisture content in the skin can increase again.
Een droge huid wordt veroorzaakt door de afbraak van de barrièrefunctie. Door het vochtverlies wordt de huid droger. Een droge huid heeft dagelijkse verzorging nodig, zodat de barrièrefunctie verbetert en het vochtgehalte in de huid weer kan toenemen.
Tips for dry skin:
- Don’t shower with hot water, use warm water
- Wash your face with a soapless cleanser when you shower
- Gebruik een masker voor de droge, gevoelige en vochtarme huid
- Apply a moisturizing serum before your day or night cream
- Use a moisturizing cream
- Drink a lot of water
Treatments for dry skin
But there are also treatments that can help you get rid of a dry skin, for example:
- Microneedling: controlled puncturing of the skin by rolling with miniature fine needles. Micropunctures are created using microneedles which produce a controlled skin injury without damaging the epidermis. The best way to relieve dry skin is the combination of microneedling and hyaluronic acid.
In addition to our treatments, SkinCeuticals provides skin care products to support the skin with the radiant aging. These products hydrate, protect and improve the skin and help to slow down the aging process. The products of SkinCeuticals are scientifically substantiated.
If you have a dry skin, we recommend the use of the following SkinCeuticals products:
- Prevent: C E Ferulic
- Correct: Hydrating B5 and Triple Lipid
- Protect: SPF Ultra Facial Defense SPF 50
‘The treatment was not so bad, the result exceeded expectations, especially the treatment of Botox in the jaw. I am very happy with it. I will recommend the clinic to others. The power of Frodo to make you shine without people noticing that something has been done to your face is of great value to me. A quality that deserves compliments’.