What is a facelift?
There are different types of facelifts:
- The surgical facelift such as the MACS-lift, S-lift, neck-facelift, forehead lift, whole-facelift, cheeklift
- The non-surgical facelift (natural facelift) such as the V-lift, te X-lift, the Angel lift, and the liquid facelift.
With the surgical variant, an incision is made around the ear. Via this incision, skin is separated from the subcutaneous tissue. It is this tissue that has the largest impact on sagging of the skin. By tightening this tissue, the skin becomes smoother again. The tissue is then fixed with special sutures. Any excess skin is then removed and sutured. The plastic surgeon is committed to achieving a natural effect when tightening the skin, but you should take into account that it may take a few months before you look completely natural. After suturing, the nurse applies a head bandage.
Unlike many other clinics, kliniek Dokter Frodo only offers liquid facelifts, not surgical facelifts. In cases of severe skin sagging, we sometimes opt for combining the liquid facelift with a surgical facelift (which is performed at a different clinic). By working together with the plastic surgeon, we ensure that you are fully informed about the possibilities that are specific to you. Sometimes, we cannot achieve the optimal result with the liquid facelift. If necessary, we then recommend considering a surgical facelift in addition to (or instead of) the cosmetic treatment.
It is important that you are aware of certain major complications and risks associated with the surgical facelift, such as bleeding, impaired wound healing, altered movement, and infection.
The liquid facelift is much less invasive and occurs without surgery. With a liquid facelift, so-called fillers are used. These fillers consist of hyaluronic acids such as Restylane and Juvederm. These are substances that are endogenous to the human body and provide for the flexibility of the skin. With the passing of time, the production of hyaluronic acid decreases, which results in wrinkles and folds. Injecting this substance into your skin replaces the lost amount of hyaluronic acids. The liquid we use forms small pads in your skin that fill up the wrinkles and folds.
The different types of facelifts each affect a specific part of the face:
- MACS-lift/ S-lift/ Hals-facelift: By tightening excess skin in front of the ears, the wrinkles on your cheeks are reduced and your neck will be smoother.
- Forehead lift: The forehead is tightened via an incision in the hairline, which raises the eyebrows and makes forehead wrinkles disappear.
- Cheeklift: Lifts the sagging volume in the cheeks via an incision at the side of the eyes.
- V-lift: This facelifts operates from a single point near the jawline toward the cheekbones. This reverses the sagging of the face as a result from age, making you look younger and fresher in an inconspicuous way.
- X-lift: Are you still young, but are wrinkles starting to appear? Then the X-lift is the best choice for you. Incipient wrinkles and folds are addressed, and your face will regain its natural firmness.
- Angel lift: The Angel lift focuses more on skin sagging rather than on volume loss. The skin is strengthened, rejuvenated, and hydrated. Thanks to this combination of three cosmetic treatments that also reinforce each other, the Angel lift is a true beauty elixir.
- Liquid facelift: your face is lifted by supplementing the volume in the exact places where you have lost it.
The process of aging is different for everyone, so this treatment is customised for you personally. In general, you can assume that you will look 10x better without people seeing that you have undergone treatment.
If you are suffering from strongly sagging skin without volume loss in the face and are looking for a wrinkle-free, tight result, we recommend a surgical facelift.
However, we at Kliniek Dokter Frodo believe that tighter is not necessarily more beautiful. We value your personal appearance and think that a few wrinkles are part of that. A liquid facelift can remove the most noticeable skin sagging and make your skin fresh and supple again.
A surgical or cosmetic facelift
Surgical facelifts are a common treatment within cosmetic surgery. At Kliniek Dokter Frodo, we believe that this treatment often does not fit within our approach to the concept of beauty. We often see that surgical facelifts change the face in an unnatural way and do not contribute to a fresh, natural appearance.
For this reason, we usually recommend a liquid facelift. However, if you are suffering from severely sagging skin and would like to have a wrinkle-free face, you should not be surprised if we still recommend a surgical facelift.
The face is an important part of your appearance and can be a major source of insecurity. A facelift can sometimes contribute to eliminating this insecurity. Kliniek Dokter Frodo has extensive experience with liquid facelifts, and thanks to the expertise of the different specialists, you can count on honest and realistic advice and the treatment that suits you perfectly.